SEED is the Smart Entrepreneurial Education and training in Digital farming Project.
The SEED project aims to:
- increase the employability of young people, by supporting the development of a highly skilled, qualified and mobile workforce, also thanks to transnational placement;
- support the development of a joint VET qualification at the EU level;
- promote work-based learning, supported by a mobility component.
The main outputs from the project will be:
1) the definition of a qualification profile based on modular units of LOs to create a new qualification or to review an already existing qualification;
2) a curriculum in digital farming;
3) the elaboration of assessment standards.
The SEED project will develop a new qualification profile: Expert in Digital Farming.
The profile will be developed starting from existing curricula and define a profile transversal to all the professional qualifications identified. The learning outcomes (LOs) and, more specifically units of LOs will be identified and validated by the VET Centres participating in the consortium, taking into account the transversal nature of the subjects involved.
Developing a joint curriculum in digital farming will focus not only on digital innovation in the agricultural sector, but also integrate the capability to embrace new entrepreneurial opportunities in the labour market.
The project will support the development of a Joint VET Qualification (EQF 5) on digital farming. Skills developed will be mapped against the EntreCOMP (link) and DigCOMP (link) frameworks. Work-based learning (link) will be the main feature of the project.